Monday, April 5, 2010

silly mom

This weekend we went to visit our family down in South Carolina. It was a very wild, fun time and we celebrated soooo much! So a funny story about my mom . . .
Normally my mom and I talk on the phone at least once a day, but last week was crazy busy so I was unable to call my mom like usual. On Friday night when Scott and I arrived to my parents house my wonderful sisters and their families showed up! It was great getting to spend time with everybody ( my oldest niece Allyssa wasn't there). We were ready to eat so we decided to go to Old McDonald's Fish Camp (small town favorite). The restaurant has the best grits and hush puppies! Scott asked the kids to slide to the end of the table so all the adults could sit together. Then the yakking began . . . while Scott was telling my mom something she decided to pay attention to something else (she is ADD :) ) and Scott said, "We are pregnant!". Mom heard that and started freaking out ! Scott was just trying to get her attention. Then she told us that she had thought all week that we were pregnant. . . just because we didn't talk everyday and we asked the kids to slide down. My gosh mom! No not yet! I told my mom that we already have it planned out how we are telling everyone and this is not how we would tell all! Not a very special way and I am more creative than just sitting in a restaurant with stuffed peacocks hanging from the rafters saying with fish in my teeth...I'm pregnant...lol! Now that is a southern way to share amazing news! My mom is so cute! I love her so much and I can't wait to tell her when I am pregnant!

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cute bc I can see your mom freaking out like that!

    ReplyDelete